Education is part of our culture. At Gundersen, we believe learning is an important responsibility, so you’ll find our staff helping colleagues sharpen their skills to deliver the level of care our patients deserve. And because every patient every where deserves optimal care, we welcome anyone to our courses, no matter where you practice.
We offer innovative, evidence-based learning opportunities to empower team-based practice change. We will enhance knowledge, competence and clinical practice for a positive impact on patient well-being. This is our mission.
Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation Inc. is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation Inc., #1089 is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program.
Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation Inc. (BOC AP# P695) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers.
- HPV 101 (.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
- Leading Change and Building Teams: Leadership Lessons for Healthcare QI (.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
- Quality Improvement and Best Practices for Childhood Immunizations (.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
- Vaccine Hesitancy: Strategies for the Healthcare Provider (.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
- Interventions to Improve Comfort During Vaccination: Best Practice (.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
- Needle Fear: Best Practices for Childhood Immunizations (.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
- Making Sense of Shared Clinical Decision-Making: Recommendations from the ACIP (.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
PI CME is a three-stage performance improvement activity for physicians to learn about specific performance measures, assess their practice using those measures, implement interventions to improve performance related to these measures overtime, and reassess their practice using the same measures.
Stage A = 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™; Stages A and B = 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™; Stages A, B and C = 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Stage A is the completion of questions describing your PI CME project (aim statement with timeframe for project, reflection on current state of your practice in relation to your aim statement, interventions you will implement).
- Stage B is the completion of questions reflecting on the changes in your practice half-way through your project timeframe.
- Stage C is the completion of questions and attestation of your involvement in the project.
Stage A can be completed by filling out this form. A link for Stages B and C will be emailed to you.