If you're looking for a way to give back to patients, staff or the community, explore our Gundersen Volunteer Services, a membership-based group.
At Gundersen, our volunteers are love in motion—and an integral part of our healthcare team. Whether you wish to explore a health career, want to become better connected to the community or yearn to stay active in retirement, we have opportunities for you. Choose from positions, such as:
- Volunteer Transport Services
- Cancer Center volunteer
- Emergency department volunteer
- Gift Shop volunteer
- Patient companion
There are many more roles and new opportunities arising daily. We're happy to discuss placements that would suit you best.
To start the application process, please complete the interest form that pertains to you. A member of our staff will reach out to discuss your interests. We'll also use this time to set up a 30-minute pre-interview to further discuss your skills and schedule.
We ask that you commit to six months of service as our patients and staff depend on our support.
There’s a lot to be gained by offering your time as a hospice volunteer. Prospective volunteers must complete a 12-hour training. Various topics on end-of-life care and bereavement will be discussed.
In addition to the personal rewards of giving back, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Annual appreciation and recognition event
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Discount in the La Crosse Campus Gift Shop
- Free health screening during orientation
- Gundersen training and development courses
- Health career exploration
- Job skill enhancement
- Seasonal flu shots
- Use of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for counseling support
- Use of Gundersen's medical library services
For more information about becoming a volunteer, see our Volunteer Intake Process.