People from around the country trust us with their heart care. We’re one of only a few hospitals that offer minimally invasive options for heart conditions. Our heart specialists, who perform thousands of heart procedures each year, are experts at detecting heart problems and delivering advanced treatment. If you need help with your heart, we'd love to care for you.
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Heart failure
- Heart problems from birth (congenital heart defects)
- Heart rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation
- Heart value problems including stenosis, weakened valves, damage from illness or defects
- Angioplasty and valvuloplasty to open clogged arteries and valves
- Aortic surgery
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation programs
- Coronary artery bypass grafts
- Heart valve repair and replacement
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Atrial fibrillation ablation
Our surgeons treat a variety of heart problems, and whenever possible, will use minimally invasive surgery.
We can repair or replace problematic heart valves to restore function.
When an irregular heartbeat requires medical attention, we can help diagnosis and treat the condition.
Am I having heartburn or a heart attack?
Our supervised programs improve your heart health in recovery. You'll use exercise and education to recondition your heart, reduce future risks and restore your independence. Our programs include Supervised Exercise Therapy, Movin' and Improvin', MetaBalance and THRIVE. Talk to your primary care provider or cardiologist to see if our programs are a fit for you.
We know that sometimes a second opinion from a expert is important. We can be that expert if you or a loved one needs help.
We offer Cardiology care close to home. Please contact your primary care provider for a referral before making an appointment.
American Heart Month: Gundersen cardiologist and patient reunite after award-winning program saves his life