M4 Student Electives
We encourage you to apply for rotations at least 3 months before your intended start date.
Students in their fourth year can choose to participate in a range of hospital and clinical-related electives, as well as sub-internships. There are a wide range of opportunities available in inpatient and outpatient settings. When you apply, please indicate which rotation you would like to participate in and any areas of interest you would like to focus on. Rotations are available on a first-come, first-serve basis upon approval.
- Adult Orthopedics
- Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Cardiology/Critical Care
- Cardiology Outpatient Clinic
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology Clinic and consults
- Family Medicine: rural and community
- Gastroenterology consult Inpatient
- General Surgery
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine Inpatient
- Intensive Care Unit/Pulmonary Critical Care
- Infectious Disease Clinic and consults
- Nephrology Clinic and consults
- Neurology Inpatient
- Neurology Outpatient
- Palliative Care
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Plastic Surgery
- Physical Medicine & Rehab
- Pulmonary Outpatient Clinic
- Rheumatology Outpatient
You’re welcome to attend the Internal Medicine Residency weekly conferences or any of the conferences held within your subspecialty.
What sets us apart
Life at Gundersen
Around here, loving your job is part of the job. We're a community of caregivers, committed to the health and wellbeing of all.
Call La Crosse Home
We have it all in La Crosse, Wis. Our vibrant city and region support your dream lifestyle with a welcoming community, culture and outdoor adventure.
At each and every Gundersen location, you'll find teammates who are passionate about supporting each other and their communities.