The federal government requires hospitals to publish their charges in a consistent, machine-readable format, as a step toward price transparency. The challenge is that this tool is complex and difficult to understand, much like healthcare costs. There are links to the charges and supporting documents to help you understand how they work, as well as contact information for each of the hospitals within Gundersen Health System.
How can I use the database?
When you have a procedure or are treated in the hospital, your care is customized to exactly what you need. So the way hospitals charge for care is based on individual charges for each part of your care, and they are all added together to determine what we bill your insurance provider, Medicare or Medicaid, or whoever is paying for your care.
To make things even more complicated, what we charge is generally not what we get paid. Government payers, like Medicare and Medicaid, have a formula they use to determine what they will pay a hospital, and insurance companies negotiate discounts. The charges tool gives you the charge for each individual piece of a procedure or service, but it's not actually representative of what your fees will be, or what we get paid.
A glossary is available to help with some of the terms, and our Frequently Asked Questions page provides additional information. There are also some examples of how Gundersen staff use this tool to determine the cost of a procedure or treatment.
For the link to the information for your local facility, please select your location from the options below.
Disclaimer: My use of this website indicates I have read the introductory information and understand the following charges are include hospital (FACILITY) charges and provider (PROFESSIONAL) charges. These may be billed separately or combined into a global charge based on my individual insurance coverage.
La Crosse and Onalaska (Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center)
- Database of standard charges (390813416_Gundersen-Lutheran-Medical-Center_standardcharges.csv)
- User friendly version (390813416_GLMC_userfriendly)
- Charges and reimbursement by diagnosis-related group (DRG)
Revenue Cycle - Gundersen Health System
1900 South Avenue, NCA3-01
La Crosse, WI 54602-4444
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Boscobel, Fennimore and Muscoda (Boscobel Area)
- Database of standard charges (390845590_Boscobel_standardcharges)
- User friendly version (390845590_Boscobel_userfriendly)
Call us directly at (608) 375-6215
Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics
205 Parker Street, Boscobel, WI 53805
Friendship, Westfield (Moundview)
- Database of standard charges (390944012_Moundview_standardcharges)
- User friendly version (390944012_Moundview_userfriendly)
Gundersen Moundview Hospital and Clinics
402 West Lake Street, PO Box 40, Friendship, WI 53934
Wabasha, Alma (St. Elizabeth's)
- Database of standard charges (410693877_StElizabeth_standardcharges)
- User friendly version (410693877_StElizabeth_userfriendly)
Gundersen St. Elizabeth Hospital and Clinics
1200 Grant Blvd W., Wabasha MN 55981
Hillsboro, Wonewoc and Elroy (St Joseph's)
- Database of standard charges (390929538_StJoes_standardcharges)
- User friendly version (390929538_StJoes_userfriendly)
Gundersen St. Joseph's Hospital and Clinics
400 Water Avenue, Hillsboro, WI 54634
West Union, Postville and Fayette (Palmer Lutheran)
- Database of standard charges (421320763_Palmer_standardcharges)
- User friendly version (421320763_Palmer_userfriendly)
Gundersen Palmer Lutheran Hospital and Clinics
112 Jefferson Street, West Union, IA 52175.
Whitehall, Blair and Independence (Tri-County)
- Database of standard charges (390704510_Tri-County_standardcharges)
- User friendly version (390704510_Tri-County_userfriendly)
Gundersen Tri-County Hospital and Clinics
18601 Lincoln Street, Whitehall, WI 54773