To help families maintain long-term changes, the Family LEAP Program offers group follow-up visits. These half-hour meetings include discussion about meal planning and barriers families have encountered to maintain change and how to solve them.
Follow-up visits are open to all families who have completed the Family LEAP Program. Sessions are held the second Tuesday of each month from 5:30 to 6 p.m. at the Healthy Living Center at the La Crosse Area Family YMCA, 1140 Main St., La Crosse, WI 54601.
Each month will have a specific topic:
- Dec. 2018 - Maintaining change
- Jan. 2019 - Added Sugar
- Feb. 2019 - Goal setting
- March 2019 - Portion control
- April 2019 - Problem solving
- May 2019 - Screen time/Importance of Sleep
- June 2019 - Stimulus control
- July 2019 - The importance of balanced eating
- Aug. 2019 - Dealing with bullies
- Sept. 2019 - Meal Planning
- Oct. 2019 - Barriers to change
If you have Medicaid, BadgerCare or need financial assistance, please complete a Children's Miracle Network Hospitals® grant application or contact Carma Willers for assistance at (608) 775-5247.