The Families Learning and Growing (FLAG) program is a 12-week weight management program for children ages 8 to 12 who are at risk for weight-related health problems and their families.
The program is designed to motivate children to make healthier choices for a lifetime of better health. Family members are involved in every aspect of the program, which includes medical intervention, nutrition and behavioral health education/support, cooking demonstrations and fun physical activities.
The FLAG program is led by Gundersen Boscobel healthcare providers from Family Medicine, Behavioral Health and Nutrition Therapy, in collaboration with the Boscobel Family Martial Arts and Wellness Center and Boscobel School District staff.
Goals of the program
- Improve eating habits and self-esteem
- Increase daily activity and acceptance of fruits and vegetables
- Achieve healthier weight for children
- Improve health of the whole family
- This 12-week program is held on Wednesdays from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Bi-monthly maintenance visits for six months after program completion
- Transportation available
- Registration Fee: $120; financial assistance may be available
- Open to established patients of Gundersen Boscobel Area Clinics
Boscobel Family Martial Arts and Wellness Center
202 Madison St.