Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Ready to make a difference in a high-demand field? Become a certified pharmacy technician in as few as 3 months. Our accredited Pharmacy Technician Training Program lets you progress at your own pace. You'll learn online and in the classroom. Then, put your skills to practice in our hospital and retail pharmacies. Upon graduation, confidently sit for the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam® (PTCE). Your career awaits in one of Gundersen's many pharmacies.
What is a pharmacy technician?
As a pharmacy technician, you’ll work closely with pharmacists to deliver safe, effective medications that patients need. Make a difference every day as you:
- Process prescriptions for accuracy
- Prepare and package medications for patients
- Use technology to maintain accurate patient records and inventory
- Work alongside patients, care givers and other healthcare professionals
A few things you should know
- Several cohorts are accepted into the program annually
- You’ll receive your education and training with no out-of-pocket costs
- You’ll be hired as a full-time, benefited Gundersen employee when you begin the program
- You’ll finish our program in 12 weeks; similar programs may take up to a year
- You’ll gain first-hand experience in multiple practice settings
- Our passing rate for the Certified Pharmacy Technician Exam is 95%
- After graduating and passing the certification exam, you’ll be promoted to a certified pharmacy technician position in one of Gundersen's many pharmacies
A day in the life of a certified pharmacy technician
A foot in the door opens a career
Around here, loving your job is part of the job. Our diverse training programs might just open the door to a career you love.
We believe in learning through experience from those with experience. And we believe you should earn a living while you’re at it.
Who We Are
Our close-knit culture fosters inclusion and community. It's our unique talents and passions - yours included - that make us stronger.