We're honored that you're considering a career at Gundersen to share your talents and your voice and to make a difference. And we know your dedication to our patients, communities and organization will be evident every day in your work. A way of showing you our appreciation is through Gundersen’s Total Rewards.
Our Total Rewards commitment to employees covers 6 areas to help you live happy and healthy, meet your goals and thrive in your career and beyond. From professional growth opportunities to great employee benefits, you'll feel supported and empowered to live your best life.
Growth & development
We want to inspire you to be a life-long learner, grow your talents and reach your full potential. That's why we provide opportunities for you to develop skills, pursue your passions and advance in your career – whatever route it may take. This includes:
- Continuing medical education (CME)
- Tuition investment/reimbursement programs
- Internal education and training programs
- Career coaching with career development advisors
- Career Development Center resources and tools
- Employee events and programs to Inspire + Celebrate success
When you deliver Love + Medicine as a Gundersen employee, you support the health and wellbeing of our patients and communities. In return, we support you with competitive wages so you can thrive both in and beyond your work.
Health & wellbeing
Being a healthcare organization, we truly value your health and total wellbeing. And we know how important wellness and healthcare protection are for you and your family. We support your health and wellbeing by offering exceptional healthcare benefits with low plan premiums to meet your needs and priorities. Our health benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage – 3 plan options to choose from
- Employer-sponsored health savings account (HSA) with employer contribution
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- MyHealth employee wellness program and rewards
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vision discounts
- Discounts for non-covered medical services
We know time away from work allows you to recharge. That's why you earn time away and paid time off (PTO) on your first day to spend time with those in your circle, travel, relax or whatever it is you need to do. And since you earned your paid time off, we don't take it back. You can carry your hours forward or cash them in.
Other perks for you:
- Paid holidays
- Flexible schedules
- Free parking at all our locations
- Gundersen Credit Union membership
- Cellphone carrier and gym membership discounts
- Employee-only discounts on vision services and other non-covered medical services
- On-site childcare center on our La Crosse Campus and monthly bus pass for La Crosse-area staff
When it comes to saving for your future, you'll have a fantastic partner in Gundersen Health System.
Take advantage of our voluntary 401(k) retirement plan and make pre-tax or Roth post-tax contributions to your retirement savings. Gundersen will match up to 4% of your contributions to accelerate your plan savings.
Plus, eligible employees receive a 401(k) annual base contribution to help you achieve financial security for your retirement.
While you can’t plan for unexpected life changes, you can be prepared. And you can take comfort in knowing that you aren’t alone when it comes to covering unexpected expenses. We offer a variety of income protection benefit options to boost your financial security and provide you with peace of mind, including:
- Life Insurance options for you, your spouse and children
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Short- and long-term disability (STD & LTD)
- Identify theft protection
- Pet insurance
Considering a job in healthcare? Take advantage of our diverse training programs. You'll receive paid on-the-job training, plus a career at Gundersen with room for growth.
From clinicians and nurses to business and support professionals, every member of the Gundersen team has a critical role in delivering Love + Medicine. Join us and build your incredible career.
While we call La Crosse home, our physician-led, integrated system spans 7 hospitals and 65 clinics in neighboring communities. We're proud of our rich history and look forward to our bright future.
Questions about benefits and compensation at Gundersen? We have answers.