Central service technicians, also called sterile processing technicians, play a critical role in patient care, safety and infection prevention in our hospitals and clinics. Now you can begin a meaningful career as a sterile processing technician at Gundersen and receive free training to become a Certified Central Service Technician (CRCST).
Launch your career as a sterile processing technician at Gundersen Health System. You'll receive free career training through our Central Services Technician Training Program – and even earn your CRCST national certification.
When you're hired, you'll start a series of online courses along with self-study course work thru Purdue University. Gain the technical knowledge needed for the Healthcare Sterile Processing Association (HSPA) certification exam – all at no cost to you.
Your studies will be combined with paid on-the-job training on sterile processes and standards including decontamination, assembly, inspection, wrapping and sterilization of surgical instruments and medical equipment.
When you pass your exam, you're guaranteed a job at Gundersen where you will make a difference every day.
- You'll start the Central Services Technician Training Program as soon as you're hired as a sterile processing technician
- Take up to 6 months to complete the self-guided online coursework and certification exam
- Earn pay during your hands-on training as you learn on the job at Gundersen
- You'll be supported by our Central Services team as you learn and grow
Around here, loving your job is part of the job. Our diverse training programs might just open the door to a career you love.
We believe in learning through experience from those with experience. And we believe you should earn a living while you’re at it.
Our close-knit culture fosters inclusion and community. It's our unique talents and passions - yours included - that make us stronger.
Have questions? We have answers:
(608) 775-3142 or email [email protected]
(608) 775-2618 or email [email protected]