New to nursing? Transition to Practice, Gundersen’s nursing residency program, builds on the skills learned during orientation to ensure nurses with less than 1 year of patient care experience are set up for success.
About our Transition to Practice program
Transition to Practice provides new graduate nurses with individualized support and professional development in an enriching educational environment.
- All registered nurses starting at Gundersen with less than 1 year of patient care experience are automatically enrolled in the program
- Group size for each cohort is limited to 8 participants to promote interaction and learning from each other
- This 12-month program includes 10 pre-scheduled sessions that begin the first few weeks of your orientation
- Each cohort has a dedicated and supportive Professional Development Nurse (PDN) to optimize your nurse residency experience
Our nursing residency curriculum is designed to help you successfully transition into your professional nursing role. Topics include:
- Quality of practice
- Resource utilization
- Environmental health
- Culturally congruent care
- Professional practice evaluation
- Evidence-based practice and research