Your education was your first step on your path to patient care. Let’s take the second step together. Our paid summer Nursing Internship pairs nursing students with registered nurses to grow your clinical and critical thinking skills. Together, we’ll turn your knowledge into practice.
Gain experience and confidence for your career
You’ll spend 10 weeks in the summer working alongside our registered nurses for the patient care experience you need for your clinicals – and your career. Many of our nursing interns earn an offer to join our team as a registered nurse at the end of their internship. During our time together, you may care for patients in the evenings, weekends or on a holiday because that’s the life of a nurse. You’ll have the chance to work with your mentor in our hospital clinic and specialty departments.
A few things you should know:
- You can apply for the Nursing Internship mid-October through mid-December
- Make sure to include your online application, resume, cover letter, essay responses, official college transcript and CPR certification when you apply
- You’ll spend 36 hours each week learning and growing – and earning at least $21 an hour
- You'll need a CNA, EMT or LPN certification
- You must be qualified to graduate from a baccalaureate nursing program or associate nursing program in December or May following your summer internship
- People do incredible things after our internship. Our Chief Nursing Officer, Andrea Hauser, began her career as a nursing intern at Gundersen.
A foot in the door opens a career
Around here, loving your job is part of the job. Our diverse training programs might just open the door to a career you love.
We believe in learning through experience from those with experience. And we believe you should earn a living while you’re at it.
Who We Are
Our close-knit culture fosters inclusion and community. It's our unique talents and passions - yours included - that make us stronger.