To ensure the safety of our patients and employees as a condition of employment, clinical privileges or program participation, Gundersen Health System (GHS) requires all staff to be fully vaccinated as defined by Employee Health Services for COVID-19 regardless of work location. In addition, all non-employee personnel, volunteers, residents, fellows, trainees, clinical and non-clinical contracted staff, students, researchers, temporary workers, contractors, and vendors, at any worksite or remote location, regardless of clinical responsibility or patient contact, are required to comply.
The application deadline for the 2024-2025 academic year is January 1, 2024. Interviews will occur in February and March of 2024, with the program starting in late summer 2024.
Requirements for application
- Degree from accredited PA program (by start of fellowship)
- NCCPA certification (by start of fellowship)
- Official transcripts from PA School
- Three letters of recommendation:
- If currently in school: One from Program Director
- If currently employed: One from colleague
- Ideally one from an emergency physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
To begin the application process, please fill out this form, EMPA Fellowship Application. After completing the form, email the other required documents listed above to [email protected].
Additional program information
- The EMPA program does not offer advanced placement based on previous post-graduate coursework or program participation.
- The EMPA Fellowship Program confers certification of completion. It does not award academic credits as part of the program.
- EMPA Handbook 22-23
- General Moonlighting Policy
- Fellow Disciplinary Process
- Reduction-Closure Policy
- Clinical Experience and Education Policy
- Instructional Faculty Supervision of PA Trainees Policy
- Advanced Placement Gundersen EMPA Fellowship Program
- Call La Crosse home
- Wellness program
Get to know us - Watch now
Why La Crosse - Watch now