Gundersen Palmer Lutheran Emergency
If you’re facing a life-threatening emergency nearby, call 911 immediately or go to the Emergency room in West Union.
Emergency department hours
Phone: (563) 422-3811
24/7 emergency care
Illness and injury can happen at any time. That’s why we offer emergency care 24/7 for you and your family at our level 4 trauma hospital in West Union. Visit us immediately if you or someone you know is experiencing:
- Alcohol or drug intoxication or overdose
- Bone fractures
- Changes in vision or trouble speaking
- Chest pain/heart attack
- Confusion or change in mental status
- Loss of consciousness/head injuries
- Numbness or weakness on one side/stroke symptoms
- Pregnancy-related problems (bleeding or abdominal pain)
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe cuts
- Severe headache - sudden onset
- Sexual assault or domestic violence
- Shortness of breath
- Suicide attempt or suicidal thoughts or threats
- Trauma such as a car accident, fall, drowning, violence, fire or sports/recreational injury
This hospital is a department of Gundersen Palmer Lutheran Hospital and Clinics.
The Palmer Memorial Foundation is dedicated to providing our community with the health and wellness services they need to thrive. Our goal is to ensure that people in northeast Iowa, like you, have access to the healthcare they need, and we do this with your ongoing support and our core values in mind.
More from Gundersen Palmer Lutheran
Our skilled providers in West Union and neighboring communities care for the young to the young at heart.
Patients & Visitors
If you’re visiting our care facilities in West Union and neighboring communities, we’re here to help.
Join us in delivering love + medicine in our community—and experiencing the difference you can make.