Gundersen Palmer Lutheran Home Health & Hospice
Our care teams bring care into the home so that you and your loved ones can focus on what matters.
Care and comfort, at home
Our compassionate Home Health and Hospice teams Home Health bring health and social care services where you’re most comfortable – your home.
Home Health services
We care for those who are recovering, those with disabilities and those with chronic or terminal illness. We offer medical, nursing, social and therapeutic care, and we can help with the day-to-day activities of life.
Why choose Gundersen Palmer Home Health?
Gundersen Palmer Home Health is a not-for-profit, Medicare-certified, home health agency. But we’re more than that. We’re your neighbors invested in your care. With just one phone call, we can provide you with the tools and support you need to lead a more comfortable life at home. Our team works hard to deliver compassionate and comprehensive care that follows a set of ethical guidelines through our accrediting, certification and licenses.
Our registered nurses provide:
- Medication administration and teaching
- Disease management education
- Intravenous and TPN therapy
- Enteral feeding
- Wound care
- Much more
Our home care aides provide:
- Essential shopping
- Meal preparation
- Respite care
Your care team involves:
- A physician to oversee your care plan
- Registered nurses to deliver personalized nursing services in your home
- Home care aides for personal care and chores
- Social workers to help with the emotional and financial stresses of illness
- Physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapists; registered dieticians; lab testing; and pharmacy consultations as needed
Gundersen Palmer Hospice is proud to partner with the Department of Veterans Affairs to serve those who served for us. Our involvement with “We Honor Veterans,” a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, demonstrates our commitment to providing specialized care to veterans facing serious illness through veteran-to-veteran volunteer program, training on conflict-specific medical and mental health concerns, and help navigating VA benefits.
Hospice for End of Life Care
Gundersen Palmer Hospice offers care and support when you or a loved one is in the final phase of life. Our care focuses on the patient and the family as a whole. The purpose of hospice care is to give you the support you need to make this time as special and loving as it can be in a stress-free and pain-free environment, whether that’s our hospital or nursing home or your own.
Your care team involves:
- Our physician medical director to oversee your care
- Nurses available 24/7
- Social workers available 24/7 to help with the emotional and financial stresses of illness
- Home health aides to help with personal care and chores
- Chaplains for spiritual support
- Home medical equipment technicians
- Consultants, therapists, pharmacists, registered dietitians, massage therapists and others with special skills to meet special needs
- Bereavement counselors and volunteers to help with changes after death
Our Grief Support Group can help you learn to cope and grow through grief. We created this 8-week program to bring together people who are going through a difficult time to talk about their thoughts, feelings and experiences.
As a hospice volunteer, you’re able to give caregivers a needed break, listen to those who need to talk, help with tasks for those who can't do them and build relationships through visits. Please call us if you’re interested in this opportunity.
Our compassionate staff welcome opportunities to share more about our hospice services. Topics available include grief and bereavement, advance directives, care of the dying, volunteering, effects of terminal illness and Medicare hospice benefits.
More from Gundersen Palmer Lutheran
Our skilled providers in West Union and neighboring communities care for the young to the young at heart.
Home Medical Supply
We make it easy for you to access high-quality medical supplies and equipment with locations in West Union and Oelwein.
Join us in delivering love + medicine in our community—and experiencing the difference you can make.