The Office of Inspector General (OIG) published guidance in 2000 and supplemental guidance in 2008 on the implementation of effective compliance programs for Nursing Homes. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 ("PPACA") includes mandatory Compliance and Ethics Program Requirements for Nursing Home Providers. Each nursing home must have a compliance and ethics program in operation by March 23, 2013. The program must be "effective in detecting and preventing criminal, civil, and administrative violations" and "in promoting quality of care."
This website is intended to outline the elements of Gundersen Tweeten's compliance program with policies and procedures for detecting and preventing fraud, waste and abuse.
- Deficit Reduction Act of 2005-False Claims and Whistleblowers
- Compliance Hotline
- Compliance Audit Standards
- Maintenance and Distribution of Compliance plan/standards of conduct
- Conflict of Interest-Corporation
- Tweeten's Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct Booklet
- Social Media
For additional information or questions regarding Tweeten's compliance program please contact the Compliance Officer, Michelle Borreson, at (507) 498-3211 ext. 73431.