Labor & Delivery
Gundersen’s skilled Labor & Delivery teams aim to deliver the birthing experience you envision and a comfortable stay in our facilities.
Call Labor & Delivery at (608) 775-3167 when:
- Contractions grow stronger, lasting one minute or more
- Contractions come every five minutes or less for an hour
- You experience vaginal bleeding or decreased fetal movement
- You are too uncomfortable to stay at home
- Your water breaks. This may be a sudden gush or slow leak. Note the time it happens, as well as the color, odor and amount of fluid.
How to find us
At our La Crosse hospital, use Valet or park in Parking-Blue. Take elevators A to Level 5, then follow the signs to Labor & Delivery.
home away from home
Your comfort is important. Our touches make it more than just a hospital stay, including:
- Valet so you don't have to park
- Room service
Nothing is more important than the safety of our patients. That includes your new son or daughter. For everyone’s safety:
- You and your newborn will wear security bands in the hospital.
- Only leave your baby in your room with someone wearing a security band, or with staff from Pediatrics, OB or the Nursery.
- All Gundersen staff and students wear a photo ID. Ask to see an ID before you let anyone take your baby.
- Do not take your baby off the Postpartum Unit.
- Always use the infant crib when transporting your baby in the hallway.
- Visiting family and friends must wear a badge available at the Hospital Information Desk. If you or your family members have questions about visiting, please call (608) 775-3161.
When the tiniest patients have the biggest needs, our NICU team uses advanced technology to deliver expert care.