As you learn how to become the clinician your patients deserve, we’ll provide space to prioritize your mind and body wellness, and reach the work-life balance you need.
We support your physical health with wellness touchstone groups, an on-campus gym and walking trail, a relaxation room, fitness center discounts, a wellness stipend, financial rewards for preventive care and the healthcare benefits you deserve. Our region’s soaring bluffs, scenic valleys and waterways offer year-round activities to explore, from canoeing to skiing to hiking and hunting.
We believe in improving the health and well-being of the communities we serve by giving back. Join us for Gundersen’s annual Steppin' Out in Pink, the area’s largest event for local breast cancer research and survivors. Great Rivers United Way connects volunteers with agencies and events that need your help. If you’re looking to build strong kids and families, you have opportunities at the La Crosse Area Family YMCA.
Mental health plays a critical role in the overall well-being of residents and fellows. Gundersen and community resources are available to prevent burnout, depression and suicide. Ask for help when you need it.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): We’re here to listen and talk confidentially, 24/7. Call (608) 775-4780 or (800) 327-9991 to schedule an appointment with an EAP consultant.
- Great Rivers 211: Dial 2-1-1 or (800) 362-8255 to reach a confidential crisis line and community resource information 24/7
- Center for Suicide Awareness: Text HOPELINE to 741741 for emotional support and information, anytime 24/7
Suicide awareness and prevention resources
- If you or a loved one is suicidal and need emergency help, call 911 immediately or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 or text 741-741
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: You’ll find resources for healthcare professionals to help with burnout, depression and suicide prevention
- The Physicians Foundation: Find resources and support for physician suicide prevention and warning sign awareness
We have it all in La Crosse, Wis. Our vibrant city and region support your dream lifestyle, whether that includes local shops and museums, community festivals and the arts or a natural playground for outdoor exploration. You can have it all here — big-city amenities with that family-focused feeling of a small town.