Gundersen St. Joseph's is committed to enriching every life, every day in every way. That is why the new home of Gundersen St. Joseph's has a dedicated space to display and promote the work of local artists.
The space is a gift of the Howard-Steiner Families as part of the 2018-2020 capital campaign. The aim of the community art wall is to promote local artists and the pursuit of visual arts as a healing practice.
Terms and Conditions
- Gundersen St. Joseph's (The Hospital) has a designated exhibit space (Community Art Wall) to display and promote the work of local artists. The space is a gift of the Howard-Steiner Families as part of the 2018-2020 capital campaign for the new home of Gundersen St. Joseph's Hospital and Clinics and is subject to the same policies as all other locations in the hospital that have naming rights.
- The aim of the community art wall (The Exhibit Space) is to promote local artists and the pursuit of visual arts as a healing practice.
- The exhibit space is available to community organizations, schools and individuals engaged in the creation of two-dimensional visual arts.
- Exhibitors must reside in the region indicated in the map.
- There is no age limit for exhibitors, however exhibitors under the age of 18 must have the application completed by their parent/guardian or teacher in the event of a school exhibition.
- A call for artists will be issued once per year and four artists/organizations will be chosen to display throughout the year, three months each.
- Applications must include 5 examples of work.
- No fees will be charged to use the exhibit space.
- All exhibits must be approved by Gundersen St. Joseph's Hospital and Clinics.
- Since the hospital sees many visitors of all ages, exhibits must be suitable for everyone. Subjects that are prohibited include, but are not limited to, nudity, profanity, political propaganda, adult themes, or anything that may cause undue distress for hospital visitors.
- Successful applicants will be notified via email and given dates for when their exhibit period will start and end.
- The hospital does not assume responsibility or liability for work exhibited in the hospital facilities. Further, each individual artist or organization is responsible for their own insurance coverage of the exhibit if needed.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for the installation and removal of the exhibit at the time and in the manner specified when the exhibit is scheduled. The community art wall includes a hanging rail system. Art must be hung using this system.
- Exhibitors will assume responsibility for any damage to hospital property resulting from their use of hospital facilities. The hospital may assess charges for damage.
- The hospital may publicize exhibits, but is not obligated to do so.
- The exhibit is restricted to a maximum of 10 items.
- One sign displaying the artist/organization's name will be provided by the hospital.
- No sales. Due to the hospital's no-solicitation policy, artwork displayed on the community art wall must not be priced and cannot be sold to the general public during the exhibition.
- The hospital reserves the right to cancel an exhibit.
Please email this completed application form along with five images of your work to [email protected]
Accepted file types: .jpg, .png, .gif, .tif.
Minimum file size: 2,000px on the smallest size.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Dan Howard at [email protected]