This safe and effective exercise program teaches gentle movement to improve range of motion, flexibility, muscle strength and endurance. Balance skills and posture awareness are emphasized during seated and standing exercises, and muscle strengthening is done with resistance bands. This program is geared toward the older adult, anyone who is deconditioned or someone who is looking for a basic program.
Move to improve your health
Getting 30 minutes of physical activity a day will lower your risk of falling and improve day to day function.
Stay independent by staying strong
Strengthening exercises maintain muscle and bone health.
Increase your energy with these physician approved exercises
Choose from three levels of safe, gentle and effective exercises
(Designed and instructed by a registered clinical exercise physiologist)
Begin with 30 minutes of gentle seated exercises.
Increase your strength and flexibility with 30 minutes of seated and standing exercises.
Learn to use resistance bands and develop overall body strength.
Swing into Shape on TV:
- AcenTek Channel 4, Thursday 4:30 p.m. - Friday, 8:30 a.m.
- Charter Channel 5, Thursday at 8 a.m.
- Centurylink Channel 4, Thursday at 8 a.m.
- HBC Channel 20 (Winona), Daily at 8:30 a.m.
- Tri County Communications Channel 18 (TCCTV) Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Wisconsin Rapids Community Media Solarus Channel 3, Charter 985 and wisconsinrapidscommunitymedia.com, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m.
Is walking good exercise?
Bodyweight exercises to try at home
What exercise burns the most calories?
Exercise and your immune system