Makes 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 3 c. reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Stir in broth, tomatoes, beans, and paprika. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Scoop out 1 cup of stew and puree in a blender. Return puree to the pot.
Add chicken and simmer until heated. Add the salt and pepper. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parsley on top.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 393 calories, 12 grams fat, 44 grams carbohydrate, 27 grams protein, 10 grams fiber, 1140 mg sodium
Do juice cleanses really work?
How to get more vitamin C
Fresh ideas for fruit
Fruit and yogurt parfaits