Makes 6 servings
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked rings pasta
- ½ cup 1% milk
- One 10 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables.
In a large stock pot, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
Stir in the chicken stock, tomatoes, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add in the pasta rings and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the milk and frozen veggies. Return soup to a simmer, and cook for another ten minutes.
Serve soup warm. If you let soup sit for 15-20 minutes off the heat, or eat as leftovers, the pasta rings will plump up.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 304 calories, 9 g fat, 13 g protein, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 337 mg sodium
Do juice cleanses really work?
How to get more vitamin C
Fruit and yogurt parfaits
Fresh ideas for fruit