4-5 servings per recipe
1 spaghetti squash (2-3 lbs)
Canola oil spray
1- 1¼ lbs medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 ½ tsp diced garlic from a jar)
3 cups raw spinach
¼ cup dried basil
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover cookie sheet with tin foil or lightly spray with oil.
- Cut squash in half length-wise. If too difficult to cut, poke holes in the squash with a fork and microwave for 2-3 minutes to soften. Once cut, use a spoon to remove seeds and loose flesh. Spray each half with non-stick oil spray or olive oil.
- Place squash, cut-side down onto prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest to cool.
- Use a fork to scrape out squash flesh to create long strands
For shrimp scampi:
- Season shrimp with paprika, onion powder, and black pepper if desired
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shrimp, and onion. Cook, stirring until shrimp is pink and heated through (about 2-3 minutes). Set aside
- Add spaghetti squash and spinach to the shrimp mixture. Cook in a pan until mixed and heated through. Stir in basil, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Season with additional pepper and paprika to taste
- Top with parmesan cheese (optional)
Nutrition Facts per 1.5 cup serving: Calories 210, protein 26 g, sodium 500 mg, total carbohydrate 10 g, fiber 2 g
Is dark chocolate good for you?
Dark chocolate contains many healthy nutrients like iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and more, making it a bittersweet treat to enjoy in moderation.
Chocolate cherry baked oatmeal recipe
Makes 6 servings Ingredients 2 cups old fashioned oats 1 tsp. baking powder ¼ cup light brown sugar 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder ¼ tsp. salt 2 cups fresh or frozen
Do juice cleanses really work?
It's true that you’re likely to lose weight on a juice cleanse, but this is simply because you’re consuming fewer calories.
How to get more vitamin C
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient, meaning your body doesn’t produce enough and needs adequate amounts through the food you eat.