Makes 10 servings
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- ½ cup kidney beans, drained
- ½ lb. whole wheat noodles, prepared as directed on package
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce (no salt added)
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning, lemon flavored
- ½ tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning, tomato basil flavored
- ¾ cup
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8x8 or 5x10 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Brown ground meat, drain fat. Add onions, mixed vegetables and beans; cook until onions are translucent. Mix cooked noodles, seasonings, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Combine with cooked meat and onions.
Transfer into prepared dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until slightly brown, about 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 280 calories, 6 g fat, 21 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 130 mg sodium
Is dark chocolate good for you?
Dark chocolate contains many healthy nutrients like iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and more, making it a bittersweet treat to enjoy in moderation.
Chocolate cherry baked oatmeal recipe
Makes 6 servings Ingredients 2 cups old fashioned oats 1 tsp. baking powder ¼ cup light brown sugar 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder ¼ tsp. salt 2 cups fresh or frozen
Do juice cleanses really work?
It's true that you’re likely to lose weight on a juice cleanse, but this is simply because you’re consuming fewer calories.
How to get more vitamin C
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient, meaning your body doesn’t produce enough and needs adequate amounts through the food you eat.