Makes 6 servings
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 cups (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cooked mostaccioli (type of pasta)
- 1¾ cups (8 oz) shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium-high heat for five minutes. Add green pepper, tomato and onion; cook about five minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add spaghetti sauce and mostaccioli; cook until heated through. Stir in one cup of cheese. Sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup cheese; cover and let stand for two minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 390 calories, 12 g fat, 33 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 290 mg sodium
How to get more vitamin C
Do juice cleanses really work?
Fresh ideas for fruit
Fruit and yogurt parfaits