Spending too much time on screens can have negative health impacts.
Spending too much time on screens can have negative health impacts. According to CDC.gov, kids should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day. The time kids spend watching TV, playing video games, surfing the web, is time they could be physically active. (CDC, 2018)
Here are ways to reduce your screen time:
- Turn off notifications from social media apps
- Stay off cell phone close to your bed time
- Turn down cell phone brightness or blue light, both of which (when turned on) may cause you to be restless
- Try a phone application that helps you track and reduce your screen time
- Try these family fun summer activities with your kids that will turn screen time into active time
Learn more how you can reduce your child's screen time with advice from Jeff Reiland, Behavioral Health therapist.
Sunscreen options: A guide for keeping your skin happy, healthy & protected
Sunscreen is the most effective way to shield your skin from harmful UV rays, which are the primary cause for premature aging. With so many options available though, it’s not
How to cope when you or a loved one is struggling with infertility
Here are some ways Dr. Ryan recommends supporting loved ones with infertility—and a few things couples with infertility can do to cope.
How to support someone after a miscarriage
What do you say to someone when their pregnancy ends in miscarriage? Use these tips from Gundersen midwife Angela Connely to support someone after miscarriage.
How to manage holiday stress
The holidays can be stressful. Here are some ways you can help limit stress for you and your family this holiday season.