Completion of this application does not guarantee clinical placement for any students. An e-mail will be sent to you to verify clinical placement.
Please complete one application for each semester or quarter you are seeking clinical placement. Please include specific dates needed for your semester/quarter. Please wait to submit your application closer to the deadline dates for the upcoming semester so that your application is the most accurate. Additionally, please send an introductory letter or cover letter to include the following information: professional nursing background, strengths, career goals, and qualifications that make you an ideal candidate for this clinical placement.
Graduate nursing student application deadlines
Please understand you must go through the Medical Education department to request clinical placement in any Gundersen Health System facility. Please do not directly contact a Gundersen Health System department, physician, or practitioner for clinical placement. Submission of your application signifies agreement with this stipulation.
Incomplete, illegible, or late applications submitted after the semester deadline date will not be considered for clinical placements. Due to high demand for placement, no exceptions will be made.
The appropriate contractual Affiliation Agreements for Gundersen Health System must be in place prior to clinical placement. If a contract is needed with the school/university for student placement, please note:
- This process can be lengthy and does not guarantee student placement
- There is no guarantee that a contract will be successfully negotiated
- Student cannot be placed or start a clinical rotation and or project until contract is in place
- Resumes should be thorough and current
- Cover letters should include anything pertinent to the goals/objectives of your clinical placement as these are given to your potential preceptor(s) to review