New speech therapist gives patients a stronger voice
Gundersen Moundview Hospital and Clinics expands its speech therapy services with speech and language pathologist Aeriana Culpitt, MS, CCCSLP. She sees patients in Friendship, Hillsboro and Whitehall.
With a master's degree in communicative sciences and disorders, Aeriana specializes in speech and language and other issues tied to memory and feeding, swallowing and voice disorders. Communication disorders can stem from:
- Developmental delays
- Neurological degenerative diseases
- Traumatic brain injury
Whether developmental delay, injury, age or debilitating disease is the root of the issue, rehabilitation is possible.
"The fascinating thing about speech and language therapy is that we do so much more than speech and language therapy. Our scope of practice can range from articulation in children to swallowing disorders in adults with Parkinson's disease," Aeriana explains. "The vast array of treatments we provide can make a significant impact on our patients' quality of life."
Speech Therapy evaluation and treatment services include:
- Language skills
- Comprehension and memory skills
- Swallowing studies and training
Talk with your primary care provider about a referral to Speech Therapy.
Experience rehabilitation close to home
Gundersen Moundview Hospital and Clinics offers a full range of rehabilitation services, including physical and occupational therapy for:
- Stroke and neurological disorders
- Balance, dizziness and posture
- Injuries, fractures, sprains and surgeries
- Chronic pain and arthritis
- Lymphedema (swelling in the arms and legs due to improper drainage of lymph fluid)
- Sports injuries
- Urinary/bowel incontinence
- Dysfunction following surgery