Your eyes deserve the best
You have only one set of eyes to last a lifetime. For the highest quality eye care and the latest in designer eyewear, turn to Gundersen Eye Clinic Friendship.
Located within Gundersen Moundview Hospital, the clinic offers optometry and ophthalmology care, as well as a full service optical store. You'll find hundreds of trendy frames, plus friendly and knowledgeable staff to help select frames and lenses to fit your needs.
"We believe it is important for residents in and around the Adams-Friendship communities to receive their eye care as close to home as possible," states Randy Lubahn, administrative director of Gundersen Health System Vision Services. "Our new location within Gundersen Moundview Hospital helps ensure that. We look forward to expanding our hours with the addition of a full-time optometrist and continuing our tradition of excellence in family eye care and fashion eyewear."
Gundersen Eye Clinic Friendship offers:
- Individual and family eye exams
- New glasses and contact lenses
- Diagnosis and/or treatment of eye conditions, such as glaucoma, cataracts and pink eye
- Evaluation of lazy eye or misalignment of the eyes, including crossed eyes or a wandering eye
- Diabetic eye care
- Pre- and post-surgery care
To schedule an appointment, call (608) 339-8471. A wide variety of insurance plans are accepted and outside prescriptions are always welcome.
When should vision screenings be done?
- Between 6 months and first birthday
- Entering elementary school
- Every school year
- Every three to four years in your 20s and 30s
- Every two years in your 40s and 50s
- Every year after age 60
These recommendations apply to patients with healthy eyes and no eye problems. Some conditions, such as diabetes, require more frequent vision exams.
Other reasons to see your eye doctor
If you have any of the following eye problems, don't wait for your next appointment. Visit your eye doctor as soon as possible:
- Decreased vision
- Draining or redness
- Eye pain
- Double vision
- Floaters (tiny specks that appear to float before your eyes)
- Circles (halos) around lights
- Flashes of light