Got 10 minutes?
- Take a brisk walking break
- Choose the farthest parking place then walk to the store or office
- Vacuum your house
- Jump on a trampoline
- Mop the kitchen floor
- Jog in place while you watch TV
- Skip around the block
- Run up the stairs instead of using the elevator
- Do a couple sets of push-ups and sit-ups
Got 30 minutes?
- Wash your windows
- Wash your car (or someone else's)
- Shoot baskets
- Mow the lawn
- Clean out the garage
- Work out on a treadmill while listening to music
- Dance to your favorite tunes
- Swim steady/paced laps
Got 60 minutes?
- Take a bike ride with friends
- Play golf (no cart)
- Take a ballroom dance class
- Walk your kids to school and back
- Join a softball team
- Hike the trails in a nearby park
- Go dancing on your night out
- Take an aerobics class
- Try cross-country skiing or snowshoeing
- Try a martial arts class
Minutes in Motion
A six-week community physical activity challenge to get moving this spring. Besides the payoff of better health, there's a chance to win great prizes.
It is a six-week community physical activity challenge. Track and record your minutes of physical activity. Win prizes when you meet the challenge.
Swing Into Shape
This safe and effective exercise program teaches gentle movement to improve range of motion, flexibility, muscle strength and endurance.
Bodyweight exercises to try at home
By Hannah M. Cornell, PTA, Physical Therapy Gundersen Boscobel Hospital and Clinics Don't have access to a gym or equipment? No worries, bodyweight exercises can be just as effective by