The Marsh View Trail: for your enjoyment and good health
Take in the beauty of nature, clear your mind, exercise, meet friends, or take a break. Whatever the reason, the Marsh View Trail is a scenic, peaceful retreat close to the Gundersen Onalaska campus.
If you begin your walk on the Marsh View Trail, walk to the trail's end and return, you've walked about one mile. Healthcare experts recommend walking 10,000 steps a day, which is about 5 miles.
The health benefits of walking
The Marsh View Trail offers many benefits…something different for everyone. Walk alone for the solitude, or walk with a friend for encouragement and good conversation. Few exercises are as enjoyable and beneficial as walking.
- Requires only a good pair of walking shoes.
- Is affordable.
- Requires no special training.
- Is fun for people of all ages and fitness levels.
- Reduces stress and fatigue, increases strength and endurance.
- Clears your mind and rejuvenates you.
- Strengthens your bones and heart.
- Adds years to your life and life to your years.
Show your support of the Marsh View Trail
Everyone is welcome to use and enjoy the Walking Trail. Please remember to properly dispose of your trash and pick up after your pet.
Is walking good exercise?
Swing into shape
Bodyweight exercises to try at home
What exercise burns the most calories?