A healthy relationship is a safe haven where we can relax and recuperate from the tensions of life. We need to hear positive things from our partner. Here are some things spouses/partners would like to hear from each other:
- "Good job!"
- "You are wonderful."
- "You look gorgeous today."
- "I appreciate all the things you do for me"
- "You are the best friend I have."
- "I missed you today."
- "It's nice to wake up next to you."
- "I will always love you."
- "I love to see your eyes sparkle when you smile."
- "I trust you."
- "I can always count on you."
- "You make me feel good."
- "I'm sorry."
- "I was wrong."
- "What is on your mind?"
- "Let me just listen."
- "You are so special."
- "I can't imagine life without you"
- "What can I do to help?"
- "Thank you for loving me."
There is nothing more painful than having unhealthy communication with the one you love. It is through communication that we connect. The true wisdom is knowing what NOT to say, such as:
- "I told you so."
- "You're just like your mother (father)."
- "You're always in a bad mood."
- "It's your fault."
- "What's wrong with you?"
- "You're always complaining."
- "I can't do anything to please you."
- "You get what you deserve."
- "Why don't you ever listen to me?"
- "Can't you be more responsible?"
- "What were you thinking?"
- "I don't know why I put up with you."
- "I can do whatever I like."
- "If you don't like it, you can just leave."
- "Can't you do anything right?"
- "That was really stupid."
- "If you really loved me, you'd do this."
- "You're such a baby."
- "What's your problem?"
- "Do you always have to be right?"
How to teach your kids about gratitude
Gratitude is a big concept for kids to learn and an even bigger challenge for caregivers to teach. Our tips help your child understand.
Advice to keep your skin looking ageless
Start early with a consistent regimen and the effort will pay off in the long run. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Holiday gift guide: Top beauty products
Check names off your list—or treat yourself—with our skincare specialists' gift guide.
5 questions to ask before a cosmetic laser treatment
Before committing to a laser treatment—or any cosmetic service—there are some questions worth discussing with your skincare specialist.