Apple orchards are open, and the leaves are shifting colors quickly: It must be fall! Make the most of the season with these fun activities for the whole family.
- Rake a pile of leaves and jump in it. See who can leap the highest.
- Pick apples. Before you go to the orchard, double-check that you can socially distance—staying at least 6 feet away from others—and grab a face mask.
- Bake an apple pie. Do you have fresh apples? Turn them into a sweet dessert!
- Carve or paint pumpkins. Have everyone vote on their favorite afterward and choose a winner.
- Take a drive. You don't have to go far to enjoy the vibrant leaves.
- DIY Halloween costumes. When you're done, set the self-timer on your phone and take a family photo.
- Get cozy on the couch and watch a classic Halloween movie. Halloweentown, Casper or Hocus Pocus might do the trick.
- Roast pumpkin seeds. They're a nutritious snack full of fiber and protein. Try our recipe!
- Make caramel apples. Kids often love this ooey-gooey treat.
- Go on a "treasure" hunt and collect leaves. Who can find the biggest? Most colorful?
- Hike or bike ride. Soak up the scenery.
- Picnic in the park. Enjoy as much time as you can outside before the snow flies.
- Make a wreath out of leaves. If you have little kids, simply glue them in a circle on a piece of paper.
- See who can tell the silliest ghost story. The more laughter, the better.
- Play touch football. If your kiddos have a favorite player, pretend you're on that person's team.
- Draw on the sidewalk with chalk. Incorporate seasonal themes.
- Blow bubbles. Try to pop all of them before they burst or float away.
- Tailgate on your deck, patio or lawn. Make-believe you're at your favorite sporting event.
- Create a scavenger hunt. Look for fall-related items like an acorn, yellow leaf, etc.
- Plant flower bulbs. Tulips, daffodils and more all need to go into the ground in the fall.
Looking for even more great activity ideas? Give these a try!
Advice to keep your skin looking ageless
Holiday gift guide: Top beauty products
5 questions to ask before a cosmetic laser treatment
Is wearing a face mask causing your acne?