There are thousands of kitchen gadgets out there and many just aren't worth having! These five items can help you make more delicious meals from scratch.
- Microplane/zester. Lemon juice can add zing, but there is plenty of flavor hiding in the peel. Zesters or microplanes make it easy to remove the flavorful outer layer of the citrus peel (lemon zest) without getting the bitter white pith. Add lemon zest to marinades, dressings, baked goods, roasted vegetables and desserts.
- Immersion blender. If you like making soup, the immersion blender will be your new best friend. Instead of trying to add hot soup to a blender, simply stick your immersion blender right in the pot. This tool saves on time and dishes. They can also be used to make mashed potatoes, tomato sauce, fruit sauces and smoothies.
- Food Processor. This may be the most versatile gadget on the list. Food processors can be used to make fresh salsa, pesto, hummus, nut butters, pie crust, bread crumbs, ground meat and even whole grain oat flour. Some machines even come with attachments for slicing and grating.
- Meat Thermometer. Some people fear that using a meat thermometer will force them to overcook their meat. In most cases the opposite is true. Using a meat thermometer allows you cook meat so it is safe but not overcooked.
- Dutch Oven. Dutch ovens can be used on the stove top and in the oven, and they are very good at holding heat. Dutch ovens can be used to make soups, stews, roasted whole chicken, bread, fruit cobbler and braised meats.
Is dark chocolate good for you?
Dark chocolate contains many healthy nutrients like iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and more, making it a bittersweet treat to enjoy in moderation.
Chocolate cherry baked oatmeal recipe
Makes 6 servings Ingredients 2 cups old fashioned oats 1 tsp. baking powder ¼ cup light brown sugar 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder ¼ tsp. salt 2 cups fresh or frozen
How to get more vitamin C
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient, meaning your body doesn’t produce enough and needs adequate amounts through the food you eat.
Do juice cleanses really work?
It's true that you’re likely to lose weight on a juice cleanse, but this is simply because you’re consuming fewer calories.