Makes 8 servings
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, cooked, drained
- 1 cucumber, julienned*
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2-3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ lime, juiced or 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
Place pasta and vegetables in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients, whisking to thoroughly combine. Pour over noodles and vegetables and using tongs, toss to coat. Chill. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve.
*Julienned means to cut into matchstick-like pieces.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 230 calories, 12g fat, 6g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 600mg sodium
How to get more vitamin C
Do juice cleanses really work?
Fresh ideas for fruit
Fruit and yogurt parfaits