Once treatment is over, many cancer survivors feel that although they are happy to be done, they also wonder about what comes next. Many say they had lots of information and support during their illness, but now that they're finished with treatment there are new questions and concerns to address.
To help make the transition easier, the National Cancer Institute has complied a comprehensive booklet called Facing Forward: Life After Cancer Treatment. You will get more information about:
- Finding a new normal after treatment
- Getting follow-up medical care and advice on how to talk with your doctor
- Following a care plan and deciding what changes to make for your health and wellness
- Discovering ways to manage physical changes from cancer
- Learning about body changes and intimacy issues after treatment
- Coping with your feelings
- Going back to work and relating with friends and co-workers
As you adjust to life after treatment, please remember your cancer care team at Gundersen is still here for you and encourages you to reach out with any questions or concerns.
*Article adapted from the National Cancer Institute.
Help your teen become a safe driver
4 simple ways to connect with your kids
Why it's important to celebrate the small stuff
5 reasons to stay hydrated