At Gundersen Health System, we aim to treat all patients equitably, with dignity, respect and compassion; to service the emergency healthcare needs of everyone without discrimination, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for care; assist patients who cannot pay for part or all of the care they receive; and to balance needed financial assistance for some patients with broader fiscal responsibilities to continue to provide services for all who may need care in our community.
We are here to help guide you through the process with the following services:
- Payment plan options that can help ease the burden of the bill.
- A Financial Assistance Program which can reduce your bill based on your eligibility.
- Financial advocates available to discuss your account in person or over the phone.
Patient billing responsibilities
- Bring your insurance card with you to every visit. This will help the registration process go smoothly.
- Expect us to verify all of your insurance such as address, phone number, birthdate and social security number at each visit.
- Comply with your health insurance requirements and understand your benefits.
- Respond quickly to any requests from your insurance company. This will allow your insurance company to process your claim timely and accurately.
- Call your insurance company's if you have any questions about coverage.
- Contact us with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your bill.
Our hospitals and clinics participate with most major insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company to verify whether or not Gundersen is in your insurance network. Insurance contact information can be found on your insurance card. We will work with you to navigate the complex insurance process and to preauthorize medical service claims.
Uninsured, payment plans and financial assistance
Gundersen Health System provides medically necessary care regardless of ability to pay. There are a number of programs available should you have concerns regarding paying your bill.
- Payment plans are available up to 36 months for qualifying balances. You can set up a payment plan by visiting gundersenhealth.org/pay-my-bill or by contacting Customer Service at (608) 775-8660.
- Financial Assistance is available. If you believe you are eligible we encourage you to apply.
- Uninsured Discounts are available for most medically necessary care and discounts are applied automatically. Please contact us for additional information.