In recognition of its physicians on Doctor's Day, March 30, Gundersen Health System donated to 38 area food pantries along with WAFER Food Pantry and The Hunger Task Force in La Crosse.
Donations totaling $21,000 were distributed:
- Friends Sharing Food, Black River Falls, Wis.
- Cashton Cupboard and Closet, Cashton, Wis.
- WAFER Food Pantry, La Crosse, Wis
- Caledonia Food Shelf, Caledonia, Minn.
- The Hunger Task Force, La Crosse, Wis.
- Northeast Iowa Food Bank, Waterloo, Iowa
- Arcadia CommUNITY Food Pantry, Arcadia, Wis.
- Allamakee County Food Shelf, Waukon, Iowa
- Elroy Food Pantry, Elroy, Wis.
- The Good Samaritan Food Pantry, Hillsboro, Wis
- Union Center Food Pantry, Wonewoc, Wis.
- Fillmore County/Preston Food Shelf, Preston, Minn.
- Houston Food Shelf- Houston, Minn.
- La Crescent Food Shelf- HCP, La Crescent, Minn.
- Lansing Iowa Food Trust LIFT, Lansing, Iowa
- Onalaska/ Holmen Food Basket, Onalaska, Wis.
- Couleecap Food Pantry, Prairie du Chien, Wis.
- Couleecap Food Pantry, Sparta, Wis.
- Neighbor For Neighbor, Inc., Tomah, Wis.
- Living Faith Food Pantry, Viroqua, Wis.
- Winona Volunteer Services, Winona, Minn.
- Adams Food Pantry, Friendship, Wis.
- Grand Marsh School Pantry, Grand Marsh, Wis.
- Care and Share Food Bank of Marquette County, Montello, Wis.
- Pioneer Pantry, Westfield, Wis.
- G.E.T. Community Food Pantry, Galesville, Wis.
- Whitehall Food Pantry, Whitehall, Wis.
- Independence Food Pany, Independence, Wis.
- Trempealeau Food Pantry, Whitehall, Wis.
- Blair Food Pantry, Blair, Wis.
- Southwest CAP, Boscobel, Wis.
- Decorah Community Food Pantry, Decorah, Iowa
- Fayette County Food Shelf, Fayette, Iowa
- Open Hands Food Pantry, West Union, Iowa
- Wabasha Area Food Shelf, Wabasha, Minn.
- Pepin Food Pantry, Pepin, Wis.
- Plainview Elgin Area Food Shelf, Elgin, Minn.
- Alma Food Pantry, Alma, Wis.
Gundersen Health and Bellin Health merge
Children’s Miracle Network, Empire Screen Printing team up to produce holiday cards
Gundersen, Bellin anticipate merger closing Nov. 30, start of operations Dec. 1.
From EMT to MD: Gundersen doctors aim to inspire healthcare careers