In recognition of its physicians on Doctor's Day, March 30, Gundersen Health System donated to 38 area food pantries along with WAFER Food Pantry and The Hunger Task Force in La Crosse.
Donations totaling $21,000 were distributed:
- Friends Sharing Food, Black River Falls, Wis.
- Cashton Cupboard and Closet, Cashton, Wis.
- WAFER Food Pantry, La Crosse, Wis
- Caledonia Food Shelf, Caledonia, Minn.
- The Hunger Task Force, La Crosse, Wis.
- Northeast Iowa Food Bank, Waterloo, Iowa
- Arcadia CommUNITY Food Pantry, Arcadia, Wis.
- Allamakee County Food Shelf, Waukon, Iowa
- Elroy Food Pantry, Elroy, Wis.
- The Good Samaritan Food Pantry, Hillsboro, Wis
- Union Center Food Pantry, Wonewoc, Wis.
- Fillmore County/Preston Food Shelf, Preston, Minn.
- Houston Food Shelf- Houston, Minn.
- La Crescent Food Shelf- HCP, La Crescent, Minn.
- Lansing Iowa Food Trust LIFT, Lansing, Iowa
- Onalaska/ Holmen Food Basket, Onalaska, Wis.
- Couleecap Food Pantry, Prairie du Chien, Wis.
- Couleecap Food Pantry, Sparta, Wis.
- Neighbor For Neighbor, Inc., Tomah, Wis.
- Living Faith Food Pantry, Viroqua, Wis.
- Winona Volunteer Services, Winona, Minn.
- Adams Food Pantry, Friendship, Wis.
- Grand Marsh School Pantry, Grand Marsh, Wis.
- Care and Share Food Bank of Marquette County, Montello, Wis.
- Pioneer Pantry, Westfield, Wis.
- G.E.T. Community Food Pantry, Galesville, Wis.
- Whitehall Food Pantry, Whitehall, Wis.
- Independence Food Pany, Independence, Wis.
- Trempealeau Food Pantry, Whitehall, Wis.
- Blair Food Pantry, Blair, Wis.
- Southwest CAP, Boscobel, Wis.
- Decorah Community Food Pantry, Decorah, Iowa
- Fayette County Food Shelf, Fayette, Iowa
- Open Hands Food Pantry, West Union, Iowa
- Wabasha Area Food Shelf, Wabasha, Minn.
- Pepin Food Pantry, Pepin, Wis.
- Plainview Elgin Area Food Shelf, Elgin, Minn.
- Alma Food Pantry, Alma, Wis.
Decorah man grateful for what he has despite losing finger
June 01, 2023
Kent Klocke works with his hands, so the contractor from Decorah is used to the occasional cuts and bruises. That’s why, when he cut his left ring finger one Tuesday
Movin’ & More with Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics
May 31, 2023
On Tuesday and Thursday, the Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics’ Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Department is buzzing with activity as residents engage in the popular Movin’ & More program.
Man thankful for care team following life-altering accident
May 24, 2023
Neil “Moose” Kinder remembers grabbing his cellphone to answer his wife’s call shortly after colliding with three trees along a rural stretch of road near Merrillan, Wis.
Project SEARCH students celebrate graduation and new jobs
May 24, 2023
On May 25, seven interns graduated from a program called Project SEARCH – and all seven have job offers. In her six years as a Project SEARCH instructor, this is