- Gundersen has received a limited amount of Johnson & Johnson vaccine and will provide it for patients beginning this week.
- Patients will not be able to choose whether they receive Johnson & Johnson (single-dose vaccine) or the two-dose vaccine from Pfizer or Moderna when they schedule a vaccine appointment.
- Gundersen continues to invite eligible patients to receive the vaccine, which now include patients 16 to 64 with certain medical conditions, as well as previously eligible groups.
- Appointments may not be available immediately when someone is eligible.
- Gundersen Critical Access Hospital locations have a limited number of appointments available.
- All approved COVID-19 vaccine options are highly effective in preventing death, hospitalizations, and severe COVID-19 illness.
- Visit gundersenhealth.org/vaccine for helpful information, including state resources for vaccine questions and connections to vaccination sites.
- Gundersen encourages everyone eligible to take any opportunity to get the vaccine as soon as they are able.
- Gundersen vaccine appointments are available only to patients who have received an appointment invitation through MyChart, letter or telephone call.
- Everyone who enters a Gundersen location must wear a mask and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
The vaccine is the surest way for us to return to normal. Gundersen has provided more than 30,000 first-dose vaccinations and about 22,000 second-dose vaccinations across our system. Thank you to community partners for providing more vaccination options as we wait for vaccine supply to catch up with demand.
Decorah man grateful for what he has despite losing finger
June 01, 2023
Kent Klocke works with his hands, so the contractor from Decorah is used to the occasional cuts and bruises. That’s why, when he cut his left ring finger one Tuesday
Movin’ & More with Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics
May 31, 2023
On Tuesday and Thursday, the Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics’ Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Department is buzzing with activity as residents engage in the popular Movin’ & More program.
Project SEARCH students celebrate graduation and new jobs
May 24, 2023
On May 25, seven interns graduated from a program called Project SEARCH – and all seven have job offers. In her six years as a Project SEARCH instructor, this is
Man thankful for care team following life-altering accident
May 24, 2023
Neil “Moose” Kinder remembers grabbing his cellphone to answer his wife’s call shortly after colliding with three trees along a rural stretch of road near Merrillan, Wis.