March 30 is Doctor's Day. This national day of recognition honors physicians for their ability to comfort and heal through unsurpassed skill and dedication. Few professions in the world require the constant commitment and compassion that is necessary of doctors every workday of their lives.
To recognize the accomplishments of their outstanding physicians, Gundersen has donated $3,000 to the WAFER Food Pantry in La Crosse and $500 each to the following 28 food pantries in locations that serve Gundersen’s regional communities:
- Friends Sharing Food, Black River Falls, Wis.
- Blair Food Pantry, Blair, Wis.
- Southwest CAP, Boscobel, Wis.
- Cashton Cupboard and Closet, Inc., Cashton, Wis.
- First Lutheran Church Food Pantry, Decorah, Iowa
- Elroy Food Pantry, Elroy, Wis.
- Adams Food Pantry, Friendship, Wis.
- Grand Marsh School Pantry, Grand Marsh, Wis.
- Emergency Food Shelf, Preston, Minn.
- Fayette County Food Shelf, Fayette, Iowa
- The Good Samaritan Food Pantry, Hillsboro, Wis.
- Houston Food Shelf, Houston, Minn.
- Caledonia Food Shelf, Caledonia, Minn.
- Independence Food Pantry, Independence, Wis.
- La Crescent Food Shelf Program, La Crescent, Minn.
- Lansing Iowa Food Trust LIFT, Lansing, Iowa
- Care and Share Food Bank of Marquette County, Montello, Wis.
- Onalaska/Holmen Food Basket, Onalaska, Wis.
- Couleecap Food Pantry, Prairie du Chien, Wis.
- Couleecap Food Pantry, Sparta, Wis.
- Trempealeau County Community Cupboard, Strum, Wis.
- Neighbor for Neighbor, Inc., Tomah, Wis.
- Living Faith Food Pantry, Viroqua, Wis.
- Allamakee County Food Shelf, Waukon, Iowa
- Pioneer Pantry, Westfield, Wis.
- Whitehall Food Pantry, Whitehall, Wis.
- Winona Volunteer Services, Winona, Minn.
- Union Center Food Pantry, Wonewoc, Wis.
Decorah man grateful for what he has despite losing finger
June 01, 2023
Kent Klocke works with his hands, so the contractor from Decorah is used to the occasional cuts and bruises. That’s why, when he cut his left ring finger one Tuesday
Movin’ & More with Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics
May 31, 2023
On Tuesday and Thursday, the Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics’ Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Department is buzzing with activity as residents engage in the popular Movin’ & More program.
Man thankful for care team following life-altering accident
May 24, 2023
Neil “Moose” Kinder remembers grabbing his cellphone to answer his wife’s call shortly after colliding with three trees along a rural stretch of road near Merrillan, Wis.
Project SEARCH students celebrate graduation and new jobs
May 24, 2023
On May 25, seven interns graduated from a program called Project SEARCH – and all seven have job offers. In her six years as a Project SEARCH instructor, this is