Gundersen Health System, in partnership with Shared Medical Services, is pleased to introduce its new mobile MRI unit, equipped with a 70-centimeter, wide-bore MRI system—the same technology package that is offered at our medical center in La Crosse.
The wide-bore system is designed to help maximize comfort for patients with:
- More space to ease fear and decrease need for sedation
- Sound and lighting options, including skylights, murals and music
- Next-generation clinical applications designed to reduce exam time
- Larger table weight limit
- Quiet technology to reduce acoustic noise
In addition, the new system delivers consistently sharper images than conventional MRI equipment, helping our radiologists make definitive diagnoses.
“We are proud to offer the best mobile MRI technology currently available to the market. This equipment emphasizes the value of care in image quality and patient comfort. We are pleased to bring MRI to our patients throughout the region rather than having patients travel for the test,” says Todd Ebbert, MD, section head of MRI at Gundersen Health System.
The new mobile MRI unit will provide state-of-the-art diagnostic testing at the following locations:
- Gundersen Sparta Clinic, new mobile MRI site as of Aug. 6
- Gundersen Onalaska Clinic
- Gundersen Decorah Clinic
- Gundersen St. Joseph’s Hospital and Clinics, Hillsboro
- Gundersen Tri-County Hospital and Clinics, Whitehall
- Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics, Boscobel
- Gundersen Moundview Hospital and Clinics, Friendship
*Gundersen Palmer Lutheran Hospital and Clinics has its own on-site MRI system for patients living in and near West Union, Iowa.
Gundersen offers COVID vaccine for everyone 6 months and older
Gundersen donates $50,000 to new WAFER facility
Gundersen among best in nation for patient experience
Gundersen vaccine champion highlighted in new national video