Patient Services Associate
The Patient Services Associate performs multi-disciplinary job tasks including patient registration, billing and records maintenance. All Associates are expected to demonstrate core competencies in patient Access, Health Information Management and Insurance Billing and Collections functions. Associates will be assigned to a specialty area but expected to rotate to any of the functional areas of Access, HIM or Billing and Collections on an as needed work load determined basis. Associates will cross-train in all concentrations and consistently hold a minimum competency level of all required duties and responsibilities.
High School diploma with experience in typing, computers, and business mathematics are required.
Biomedical Informatics Technician (BIT) program completion or technical school certification in business administration preferred.
One year healthcare experience in a business setting preferred.
Equivalency or other training and work experience will be considered, in lieu of certification.
Dietary Cook - Casual
Under the general supervision of the Dietary Director, and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, assumes responsibility for the preparation of food for patients and employees, assume responsibility for the preparation of trays for the patients and employees, and perform related duties. The patient population served is compromised of adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups.
High School diploma or GED is required.
Prior institutional food service experience is preferred.
Certified Medical Assistant - Full Time, Family Clinic
Works under the supervision of the Director of Clinic Operations, physician, or mid-level, and in accordance with Hospital policies, is responsible for patient care duties, including assisting physicians or mid-level practitioners with procedures and performing laboratory testing as requested. Patient population consists of male and female, neonates, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics. Responsible for office clerical duties including maintaining medical records and following HIPAA standards.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Participates in continuing education and inservice programs
- Practices within scope of training and education
Housekeeper - Two Positions: Casual & 32 Hour with Benefits
Under the supervision of the Housekeeping Manager, this position performs all assigned duties to ensure the health and safety of patients, visitors, and employees by providing a clean, safe, orderly, comfortable, and attractive environment with minimal interference to others.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two years prior experience in hospital or other healthcare environment is preferred.
Radiologic Technologist/Patient Care Associate - Full Time
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Operations, the Radiologic Technologist/Patient Care Associate will be responsible for performing diagnostic imaging, making patient appointments, registering patients, including assisting physicians or mid-level practitioners with procedures and performing laboratory testing as requested. Responsible for office clerical duties including maintaining medical records and following HIPPA standards.
- Graduate from an American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) accredited school.
- Current licensed radiographer through the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiology Technologist.
- CPR certification.
- Two years of radiographer experience
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- Experience in word processing and database programs.
- Professional presence and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Paramedic, Emergency Department - Full Time
The Paramedic, under the direction of the Emergency Department Manager and the Registered Nurse on duty, will assist in providing quality care directly and indirectly while adhering to the hospital's philosophy and objectives to meet the health care needs of the patients and families. The paramedic will maintain a clean, stocked and orderly work and patient care environment. The position requires intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to delivery of patient care. The ability to communicate information in a friendly and effective manner is essential.
The paramedic will act as a liaison between the patient’s family/significant other and the members of the emergency staff by maintaining open communication regarding patient condition, status, progress, etc. The paramedic will work cohesively with all team members to assure service recovery and conflict management. The paramedic will provide care within the Gundersen Moundview Paramedic Protocol and scope of practice.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of accredited paramedic science program
- National Registry preferred
- Current Wisconsin Paramedic licensure required
- Maintain BLS, PALS, ACLS preferred and annual recertification
- Previous experience as an EMT, paramedic or in other related fields preferred
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR procedures
- Additional certification in areas of trauma
RN: Emergency Department - Full Time
A registered nurse with demonstrated clinical skills who plans, directs and coordinates patient care and nursing activities in the department on a particular tour of duty. Prepared to service a potential patient population consisting of male and female, pediatrics, adolescents, adult, geriatrics, with majority of patients being in adult and geriatric age.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Wisconsin Licensure with renewal as directed by the State.
- ACLS, TNCC and ENPC Certifications
- Two years ER and/or ICU experience preferred
RN: ED/MedSurg/Surgery - Full Time Float
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Current Wisconsin Liscensure with renewal as directed by the State of Wisconsin. ACLS, TNCC, ENPC certification required within one year of employment.
Minimum one year experience required.
Respiratory Therapist - Casual
Responsible for the administration of respiratory therapy, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation as per the policies and procedures of the Cardiopulmonary Department for the purpose of achieving desired patient outcomes. Other responsibilities include patient assessment, equipment maintenance and documentation of procedures in the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Graduate of an accredited program for Respiratory Therapy education.
- Certified or registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current license to practice respiratory care (RCP) in the State of Wisconsin
Speech Therapist - Part-Time