History of our Auxiliary
In 1958 a group of individuals canvassed area organizations to recruit volunteers for the new hospital that was under construction in Friendship. They held fundraisers and prepared the hospital for its opening by painting, cleaning and making new curtains and linens. This was the beginning of the Auxiliary, now known as the Partners of Gundersen Moundview Hospital and Clinics.
Today’s Partners help promote and support Gundersen Moundview through fundraising, volunteering and providing services that benefit the hospital, its clinics and area residents. Members have an opportunity to make a difference in the health of their community.
A variety of volunteer opportunities are available to members depending on their interests. Fundraisers are held throughout the year including bake sales, a salad luncheon, garage sale and the parade of trees. Members may also help staff the hospital gift shop, assist with blood drives, volunteer at hospital events or serve on various committees.
Proceeds raised through the Partners help fund needed medical equipment, high school scholarships and other hospital needs.
Join Partners of Gundersen Moundview
For more information or to become a member, call the Partners’ hospital gift shop at (608) 339-8484 or Gundersen Moundview Marketing & Community Relations at (608) 339-8328.