Winter is here. Don't get tripped up by winter weather this season!
- Wear boots with rubber soles and non-slip treads.
- Plan ahead to prevent last-minute rushing.
- Assume all wet, dark areas on pavement are icy.
- Don't walk and text.
Don't get tripped up by winter weather
- Keep an eye out for black ice.
- Avoid walking with your hands in your pockets or carrying too many items.
- Walk slowly and carefully.
- Wear boots with rubber soles or non-slip treads, over-shoe grippers or traction cleats.
- Plan ahead to ensure enough time to reach your destination.
- Use handrails where they're available.
- Walk as flat-footed as possible in icy areas.
- Check potentially slip areas by tapping them with your foot.
The asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic spread of COVID-19
By Megan Meller, Infection Preventionist Anyone can spread COVID-19 before realizing they’re infected. You’re infectious for up to two days before you notice symptoms. This is called pre-symptomatic spread and
Is it possible to 'shorten' a cold?
While there's no cure for the common cold, there are some ways to treat symptoms and possibly reduce the duration of the virus.
Sunscreen options: A guide for keeping your skin happy, healthy & protected
Sunscreen is the most effective way to shield your skin from harmful UV rays, which are the primary cause for premature aging. With so many options available though, it’s not
How can I quit using tobacco?
More than 8 million people die each year from tobacco. While it’s not easy, quitting can help you live a healthier and longer life. “Quitting is the best thing you