Gundersen Medical Foundation's 10th annual Steppin' Out in Pink proved pink is powerful —more than 6,400 walkers of all ages stepped out to help raise more than $432,000 for local breast cancer research.
With 324 teams registered for the walk the team competition was once again very competitive, according to Steppin' Out in Pink chair Debbie Kroner. “We had 35 teams who raised more than $1,000 each, 16 teams raised at least $2,000 each and 10 teams raised $3,000 or more. Our top Gundersen team raised more than $3,000 and top community team raised over $11,000, which was fantastic. Thank you for your tremendous support,” says Debbie.
Awards were presented to:
Top Gundersen Health System teams with the most donations
- First place – Psyched in Pink
- Second place – Wauk On Breast Cancer
- Third place – Onalaska Proudly Pink
Top community teams with the most donations
- First place – Team Tomah
- Second place – Team Margie E Mason
- Third place – Special Kathy
Top corporate teams with the most donations
- First place – Northern Engraving
- Second place – Team Brenengen
- Third place – Allergy Associates – Allergy BUST-ers
Highest pledge average for teams
- Top Gundersen Health System Team – Onalaska Proudly Pink
- Top Corporate Team – PINK Badgers I Badger Corrugating Co.
- Top Community Team – Team Tomah
Top individual fundraisers with the most donations
- First place – Anne Streckenbach
- Second place – Patty Brown
- Third place – Marcy Firl
The Foundation thanks all the award winners for their extra efforts and everyone who eagerly participated in Steppin' Out in Pink. This walk wouldn't be possible without your incredible support!
Decorah man grateful for what he has despite losing finger
Movin’ & More with Gundersen Boscobel Area Hospital and Clinics
Man thankful for care team following life-altering accident
Project SEARCH students celebrate graduation and new jobs