West Union, IA 52175
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Performs high quality diagnostic medical sonography exams and procedures to aide in medical diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
1. Works with Gundersen Health System patients and their families to provide compassionate, individualized care in the provision of ultrasound services. Understands and applies the concepts of Diagnostic Medical Sonography when performing examinations on patients.
2. Demonstrates accurate knowledge of established protocols and equipment operations when performing exams on patients. Performs diagnostic medical sonography procedures in the following areas: abdominal, OB/Gyn, neurosonology, vascular, intraoperative and intracavitary. Provides the best images possible to radiologists and providers for interpretation. Provides high quality service to customers in a cost effective and efficient manner.
3. Maintains confidentiality with others regarding patient and organizational information.
4. Assumes responsibility to provide a quality learning environment for patients, their families, students, co-workers, and self. Responsible for attending staff meetings, inservices, and continuing education as required by the department.
5. Demonstrates cross-sectional anatomy through proper patient positioning and transducer selection to determine normal from abnormal anatomy. Extends the scope of the exam to appropriately investigate pathology and symptoms.
6. Provide interpreting physicians with oral and/or written summary of exam findings. Contributes technical, professional knowledge, and observation to the final diagnosis. Interact with referring providers with oral and/or written summary of exam findings.
7. Performs other job-related responsibilities as listed on the competency checklist and as requested by others.
8. Utilizes knowledge of regulatory compliance when working with patients and their associated charges.
Education and Learning:
Post High School education in a specialized field: Completion of one year (minimum) ultrasound training
No experience required.
1 year ultrasound experience.
License and Certifications:
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) within one year of hire date
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) or Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Floor to Waist Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Waist to Overhead Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Jenni Elsbernd
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer