West Union, IA 52175
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
Gundersen Health System currently has a need for a full-time therapist at our Palmer Lutheran Hospital, in West Union, IA. The Therapist provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, and psychotherapy in consultation with supervising medical staff for patients with mental health problems, including individual and family therapies, and crisis assessment and intervention. Reports to the Medical Director and/or Section Chair for clinical direction.
Major Responsibilities (List job responsibilities in order of priority, i.e., list in order of greatest impact on the organization.):
1. Assesses, diagnoses, and develops treatment plans with supervising medical staff in order to provide high quality patient care that is cost effective.
2. Performs high quality, cost effective, ongoing psychotherapy in consultation with supervising medical staff for mental health patients in order to promote optimal functioning in accordance with the Scope of Practice Document.
3. Provides crisis assessment and intervention in consultation with supervising medical staff in order to stabilize mental health patients and refer them for appropriate care.
4. Consults with multidisciplinary team, both internal and external (physicians, psychologists, nurses, physician assistants, dietitians, other therapists/case managers) to provide high quality, cost effective referral and consultation for mental health patients.
5. Provides education, internal (medical staff, departmental colleagues and rotational students) and external (including preventative care), to insure a continuum of high-quality care at Gundersen Lutheran..
Scope of Practice:
The Therapist’s practice may not exceed his or her education, training or experience and may not exceed the scope of practice of the supervising physician. An addendum is attached itemizing those items that have been reviewed by a supervising physician as appropriate activities within the practice setting and consistent with the Therapist’s training and experience.
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Required: Master’s degree in social work and Iowa state certification eligible.
- Required: Minimum of 3,000 hours of supervised post graduate work experience in clinical mental health treating children, adolescents, and adults.
- Desired: Previous work experience with a specific population or treatment modality (i.e., child/adolescent, eating disorders, cognitive behavioral therapy).
- Required: Knowledgeable in assessment, DSM-V, treatment planning.
- Desired: Skillful in time management, communication, ability to deal with behaviors and attitudes of patients and provide assertive, therapeutic feedback in a supportive way, accurate record keeping/dictation.
- Required: Must be an Iowa licensed Independent Social Worker.
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position
Position involves extensive standing and walking; frequent sitting, grasping, manipulation of equipment, and utilization of fine finger movements; occasional kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting and climbing.
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer