La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40Recruitment Posting Language
This is a full-time position working a combination of 12 and 8 hour night shifts. This position offers an additional $2.00/hour for nights due to our night shift differential incentive along with $1.50/hour on weekends! Previous law-enforcement experience preferred but not required.
Competitive wage with an opportunity to join a great Security team!
The Security Officer provides safety and security for patients, employees, and visitors; and protects Gundersen Health System assets. The Security Officer also protects the hospital's property and assets.
1. Enforces and reports organizational policy and procedure violations.
2. Monitor and troubleshoot security systems (i.e., video surveillance equipment, card access system, alarm monitoring systems, etc).
3. Maintains and inspects fire protection and suppression systems. Monitors fire alarm system to ensure compliance with NFPA 72 - National Fire Alarm Code and protection of Gundersen Health System property from loss due to fire.
4. Serves as a liaison to local law enforcement, and fire department officials.
5. Consults with and keeps Security department leadership informed of activities, needs, and problems in assigned areas. Conducts basic security/safety investigations as directed by the Security Supervisor. Maintains records and prepares incident reports and other documents pertinent to security activities.
6. Conducts security/safety briefings and instruction to Gundersen Health System staff, employees, guests, and patients.
7. Provides for the security and safety of clinical staff and patients for medical chapters in accordance with state laws.
8. Maintain accountability of patient valuables and ensure for the release of the valuables back to the patient.
9. Patrols Gundersen Health System properties to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, and intruders.
10. Responds to inquiries for advice or assistance from personnel, patients, and visitors.
11. Administers security access and clearances for Gundersen Health System staff, contractors, vendors, and guests.
12. Responds to emergency calls for services, priority calls and emergency events. Implements emergency response plans. This includes notifying and dispatching emergency services, local police and fire departments, state and federal officials, facility emergency services, facility operations, and various others.
13. Participates as a member of the Gundersen Health System Hazardous Material Emergency Response - First Receiver Team.
14. Performs other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Learning:
High School Diploma or equivalency
Associate degree in Police Science or a related field
2 years customer service related work experience.
1 year previous experience in Law Enforcement, Security, and/or in the Military sectors. First Aide; IAHSS Certification - Basic Training; OSHA Hazardous Materials Emergency Response - Operations Level (within 6 months of hire). Self-defense, handcuff, and OC (Pepper Spray) training.
License and Certifications:
Valid Driver's License (DL)
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Climbing Stair Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Floor to Waist Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer