La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:24
Gundersen Health System is seeking a part-time RN to work in our GI Lab.
You will provide pre-procedural and post procedural care along with administering conscious sedation.
This is your opportunity to work primarily day shift while doing the work you love in the beautiful coulee region.
What you will do:
- 0.6 FTE=48 hours/every two weeks
- Work primarily daytime hours, 8 & 9 hour shifts between 6am and 5:30pm
- Evening, Night, Weekend, & Holiday call (Approximately two weekday call shifts every six weeks starting at 5:00 pm going to 7:00 am. Approximately one weekend of call every 4-6 months starting Friday at 5:00 pm and going to Monday at 7:00 am, rotating holidays)
- Provide pre procedural and post procedural care along with administering conscious sedation
What you need:
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years RN experience
- RN licensure to practice in the state of Wisconsin upon hire
What you will get:
- Gundersen's generous compensation and benefit package, including our top-rated retirement plan
- Growth opportunities and access to Gundersen's Career Development Center to help you navigate your career
Gundersen Health System Hospital and Clinics comprises 7 hospitals and 33 clinics. We bring care close to home for our patients in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. Inside our walls and our neighborhoods, we deliver world-class medical care and the right amount of love. We call it love + medicine and it’s more than our practice. It is who we are.
Candidates are highly encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter with an application.
Candidate may be asked to complete an on-demand video interview (powered by HireVue) as a first step in the process.
The registered nurse (RN) focuses on the health and wellness of individuals, families and populations in collaboration with other health care professionals by incorporating evidence-based practice in the management of acute illness, chronic disease, disability, and end-of-life care. The RN utilizes the nursing process and aligns practice with organizational policies, professional nursing standards and regulatory practice acts.
1. Assessment: Systematically and holistically assesses the patient’s physiological, emotional, sociocultural, spiritual, and financial status while considering lifestyle preferences and learning needs.
2. Planning: Collaborates with patients, families, and health care professionals to develop a patient-centered plan of care to promote health and optimize wellness.
3. Intervention: Provides competent and innovative patient care and education based on patient complexity, acuity, and nursing judgment within a culture of caring and safety.
4. Documentation: Documents nursing assessment, planning, interventions, implementation, and patient/family response.
5. Evaluation: Determines patient's progress toward achieving goal(s), and revises plan of care in collaboration with patient/family as needed.
6. Delegation and Supervision: The RN delegates, supervises and evaluates the effectiveness of tasks performed by Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) or Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP) who have the knowledge and skill to perform the task, taking into consideration the following:
- scope of practice
- population served
- policies and procedures
7. Leadership: Guides, directs and influences others by participating in activities such as:
- quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research
- shared governance (council structure)
- department-based projects
- continual learning
8. Professional and Organizational Responsibilities:
- Accepts accountability, elicits feedback, clarifies issues and concerns and works toward resolving problems or conflicts.
9. The RN practices in accordance with the Gundersen Health System (GHS) mission, values and strategic plan
10. Practices the values, components and foundation of the GHS Nursing Professional Framework:
- Values: Nursing Skills & Knowledge; Patient & Family Centered Care; Culture of Caring & Safety; Healing Environment
- Components: Nursing Structure; Practice ; Professional Enhancement; Innovation; Reflective Practice
- Foundation: Caritas (Human Caring Theory)
11. Demonstrates effective organizational skills with an ability to prioritize responsibilities efficiently in a rapidly changing work environment
12. Participates and supports education of nursing colleagues and students
Education and Learning:
Associate degree in Nursing.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing
No experience required.
6 months or greater previous experience in nursing.
License and Certifications:
Registered Nurse (RN) licensed minimally in the state of practice, some positions may require additional state RN licenses.
Current Infant-Adult Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (with hands on learning) from one of the following programs; American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Squatting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Balance - Left Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer