Wabasha, MN 55981
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:0
Join us at Gundersen St. Elizabeth's in Wabasha!
You will work closely with geriatric practitioners, physicians and other professional staff in the development and delivery of high quality compassionate care to our residents.
We offer a competitive salary plus a full range of benefits including health, dental and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, employee fitness center, matching retirement account and much more!
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self-care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
Complexity of Work:
• Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Education and Learning:
Post High School education in a specialized field: Course requirements that qualify to take LPN boards.
No experience required.
1 year of previous experience as a LPN or experience in a healthcare environment.
License and Certifications:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensed minimally in the state of practice, some positions may require additional state LPN licenses
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification or obtained within 2 months (60 days); Heart Saver, Rescue and Military training network CPR; or the American Red Cross CPR certification (CPR) except Citizen and Animal classes
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant (less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 - 12 years)
Adolescent (13 - 17 years)
Adult (18 - 64 years) Geriatric (65 years & older)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Sitting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Walking/Standing Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Squatting Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Shoulder Level Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Pounds of force 0-25
Repetitive Actions - Fine Manipulation Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Balance - Right Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Balance - Left Leg Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Lifting - Other Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Carrying - Short Carry Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
• BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• None required.
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer